National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services and jet maintenance, executive charter and air ambulance. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team.
National Jets is seeking an Air Concierge to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
The role of Air Concierge for National Jets Air Centre represents the company as the first impression that most guests will have of National Jets Air Centre. The position requires an outgoing personality with experience in hospitality or private aviation and has demonstrated the characteristics necessary to be the “face of National Jets Air Centre”. This individual’s ability to greet guests for the Air Centre in a way that helps them to feel “at home” while visiting National Jets is critical to the success of the position. This is a position that requires an outgoing, outgoing, driven, experienced individual that is motivated by being able to provide the highest level of service to guests. Coordination with the Guest Service Representatives and the line staff is critical.
The Air Concierge provides ground support and customer service for crew members and their passengers. While guests are boarding or disembarking the aircraft, the Air Concierge is there to assist with any guest needs such as luggage, catering and information. This position is also cross-trained to also function as a GSR and should be able to perform all of the necessary tasks of the GSR position should it be required. The needs of National Jets guests always comes first and the Air Concierge should always be prepared to assist the other Air Centre employees in assisting guests or providing help when and where needed.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome all visitors in a friendly, professional manner. Carry concierge slips, pen and writing pad at all times.
- Engage and identify crewmembers, passenger by name when the opportunity arises.
- Escort crew and passengers to and from aircraft.
- Assist with loading and unloading baggage as needed.
- Serve as communication link between aircraft and the Line and Guest Service Staff.
- Answer incoming telephones calls, determine purpose of callers, and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department. Page, transfer, & handle multiple phone lines at once. Retrieve messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Comply with company policies and procedures related to customer service standards, ramp, safety and security procedures.
- Identify crew members, passengers, visitors and vendors in accordance with the Company’s security procedures.
- Review and confirm guest requests for vehicles, and if they have not, follow-up with vendor.
- Receive and confirm accuracy of catering once delivered & invoiced.
- Ensure that all departing aircraft have all standard amenities (ice, coffee, newspapers).
- Assist with taking fuel orders, catering and ground transportation requests as needed on a concierge slip.
- Assist crew or passengers with directions or recommendations for food, lodging, entertainment, etc in surrounding areas.
- Transport customers by vehicle to and from airport terminal and local hotels as needed.
- Resolve customer requests, questions and concerns regarding the Company’s services and products.
- Enter new customer profiles into X1. Work closely with Guest Services to build ‘database’ of guest information- obtain business cards from crews and passengers, preferences, special requests, important contacts, etc. This will enable National Jets to go above and beyond with our guests.
- Understand all National Jets fuel programs for billing
- Assist Line Service Technicians and Guest Service Representatives as needed.
- Log crew car use
- Assign temporary badges for non-FLL individuals
- Maintain surveillance of gate 250 and report any suspicious behavior
- Follow open/closing procedures for each shift.
- Promote/Inform guests of National Jets partnerships and fuel programs-i.e. CAA, Paragon, MIASF, GoRentals, Wing Points.
- Escort un-badged guests when line service is short.
- Answer gate intercom as needed for cars to enter gate.
- Alert FBO Tenants of all of their arriving customers
- Ensure proper and timely distribution of mail and packages to and from all offices and departments. Sign for and correctly label customer deliveries, noting information within CRM.
- Understand how to properly operate and monitor ARINC frequency
- Invoice for retail items sold within the FBO
- Process invoices for Air Ambulance and Executive Charter when necessary
- Work closely with maintenance on accurate shop orders and invoicing
- Using POS for Government Air card
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Smile and be awesome.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year Customer service background.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as well as background check
- Successfully complete all supervisor training program levels (National Jets and NATA Safety 1st)
- Passion for providing an outstanding customer service experience
- Be comfortable working outside during day or evening shifts in all weather conditions. Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including mornings, nights and weekends
- Able to communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products and point of sale programs
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Company insurance policy (Requires clean driving record)
- Excellent decision making, judgment, communication, interpersonal, delegation and teamwork skills
- Ability to perform manual tasks, follow oral and written directions, multitask in a safe and efficient manner
- Adhere to all company guidelines for safety, security and customer-first culture
- Good problem solving abilities and adaptability to various working environments.
Preferred Education and Experience
- College degree in hospitality, aviation, business administration or similar field of study.
- Two year’s experience in the aviation services, concierge, and/or hospitality industries.
- Knowledge of aviation terminology, general aviation aircraft and ramp management
- Management and client conflict resolution training.
- Candidate who is naturally outgoing/extroverted, has strong customer focus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have and uphold a valid driver’s license without restrictions (21 or older) and meet company insurability requirements
Reports to: Operations Manager
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. This position includes shift work which may require working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays.
Current available shifts vary from 2-10pm, 10pm-6am and 6am -2pm.
Must be able to report to work steadily through the workday. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Travel: Rarely. Possibility of travel limited to representation at industry trade shows or functions, either local or out of state.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance: In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.