National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services and jet maintenance, executive charter and air ambulance . Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team.
National Jets is seeking an A & P Technician to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Perform maintenance, repairs and inspections to aircraft, engines and components.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Know all of the procedures for the Repair Station, the use of the forms, tags and completing the required paperwork as outlined in NJI's Repair Station Manual (RSM)
- Perform maintenance/inspections to aircraft
- Have personal tools to perform your mechanic duties. To include hearing protection.
- Keep your supervisor's current and up to date with project and task you are performing to include any issue and setbacks.
- Maintain aircraft in an airworthy condition by performing your work to a professional standard.
- Research maintenance task instruction guidance and parts required in manufacturer's maintenance manuals to perform the tasks given to you to accomplish.
- Correspond with Technical Representatives for problem solving when required or instructed. Make sure your tasks are documented for work perform or progressive signoffs at stopping points or completed; DAILY.
- Proper identification or tagging of all aircraft components when removed from an aircraft undergoing work. Component /Unit securing hardware is either secure to part or aircraft as required.
- Protecting aircraft interiors / exteriors prior to work commencement and daily upkeep in the areas your working. To protect aircraft from finger print on entryway, stairs, flooring, interiors components and high traffic areas on exterior paint to include foot prints.
- Clean up your work areas at completion of task as well as at end of shift daily. To include tooling return and cords / hoses coiled and stowed.
- Responsible for your own training records additions by recording of "on the job" (OJT) training with Inspection Department using the training forms.
- Stop all unsafe action when witnessed.
- Perform one monthly and/or weekly shop task for routine upkeep. This to be assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations
- Communication Proficiency, both written and oral.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management
- Collaborative Skills/ Teamwork
- Mechanical Skills- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Systems Skills for computer hardware & software including applications
- Knowledgeable in OSHA regulations
Preferred Education and Experience
- Gulfstream 100,150, 4 & 5 , Learjet 45 & 604, Citation Excel & CJ's, To Include Other Type Corporate Jet Aircraft Maintenance or Avionics Experience.
- Associate Degree or higher degree in aviation or similar field of study.
- Technical vocational training in electronics also applicable.
- Three years experience in line maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- General and corporate aviation experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
Reports to: Leadman/ Director of Maintenance
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to contaminants such as dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Environmental conditions in clued cramped work space, awkward positions.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance: In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.