Founded in 1947 by the Boy family, National Jets is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services across three distinct divisions: FBO services, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft management/charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircraft and is operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
The Chief Pilot position reports to the Director of Operations for National Jets. This position is responsible for managing all activities pertaining to the company’s pilots. This includes recruiting, initial and recurrent training, aircraft currency/proficiency, and aircraft operating standards. Responsibilities also include career path management for the pilot workforce and training to ensure operating requirements are met. This person will prioritize and distribute additional duties and projects, as necessary, to the pilot team.
- ATP with a total of 3000 hours.
- Minimum 1500 hours PIC.
- Type Rating in at least one jet aircraft, LR-JET typed applicants preferred.
- Have at least 3 years experience, within the past 6 years, as a pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135.
- No accidents, incidents, violations, or DUI/DWI.
- Current First Class Medical certificate.
- Strong knowledge of FAA Regulations (FARs) including flight operations under parts 135 training.
- Previous operations management experience across multiple fleets and domiciles.
- Must meet the requirements of 14 CFR 119.71(c).
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree is preferred.
- Act as a voice of the company and promote the company business plan internally and externally when interfacing with front-line employees, vendors, OEMs, and regulatory bodies.
- In coordination with the Director of Operations to develop the department budget and provides monthly variance reporting.
- Must be able to complete training program, demonstrating proficiency with job requirements.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Intermediate or better proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- U.S. Passport.
- Driver's License.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.