First Officer Learjet 55
Founded in 1947 by the Boy family, National Jets, is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services across three distinct divisions: FBO services, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft management/charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircraft and is operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
We are seeking an LR 55 First Officer within South Florida, or willing to relocate for the full-time position.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
FIRST OFFICER (Second in Command/SIC) (Ref. FAR 135.95)
An SIC is directly responsible to the Captain and Chief Pilot. Specified duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- During flight time, in SIC of the aircraft and crew, and is responsible for the efficient conduct of the flight. He is responsible for the safety of the aircraft and crew, passengers, and cargo.
- When en route, is responsible for the proper servicing of the aircraft, but actual refueling is done by a responsible person or agency, and the Captain may delegate a certificated airman to ascertain that servicing is properly performed.
- Maintain responsibility for all flight records kept in the cockpit, but may delegate the responsibility to a qualified person.
- Maintain responsibility for preparation of reports on irregularities or incidents with regard to aircraft damage, flight irregularity, etc.
- Maintain responsibility for the conduct and for the proper performance of duties of other crew members.
- Maintain responsibility for his flight time limitations. He shall also be responsible for maintaining his qualifications with reference to route and airports, aircraft, and his physical requirements, and shall be responsible for notifying the Company of changes in such qualifications.
- Type Rating in a Learjet 55.
- No accidents, incidents, violations or DUI/DWI.
- Current First Class Medical certificate.
- ATP in the LR55 with a total of 1500 hours.
- 250 Multi-Engine.
- 500 hours PIC.
- Preferred Corporate experience in Part 135 or Part 91.
- Able to travel unrestricted world-wide.
- International experience preferred.
- Applicant must meet Wyvern/Argus safety standards.
- High school diploma or GED required/ College degree is preferred.
- Must be highly knowledgeable of the General Operations manual, FAA Regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Policies and Procedures, and other pertinent information relating to this duty.
- Must be able to complete training program, demonstrating proficiency with job requirements.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to bend and/or squat repeatedly.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must reside in close proximity (within two hours) of Ft. Lauderdale International Airport or be willing to relocate.
Our full-time pilots enjoy:
- $4.00/hr per diem and $75/day per diem while in training.
- Pay starts on the initial day of hire.
- 97% Employer paid Medical Insurance for Employee Only coverage (Family coverage available at additional cost).
- Dental, Vision and Voluntary insurance plan offerings.
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance policy at a benefit amount of 1 x annual salary.
- Company-paid Pilot Loss of Medical Certificate policy (with buy up option).
- Company-paid Travel Insurance.
- Schedule with Guaranteed days off. Opportunity to earn additional pay working days off at pilot discretion.
- 401k plan with discretionary company match.
- Paid Time Off.
- Direct Deposit.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Airline Transport Pilot License.
- U.S. Passport.
- Driver’s License.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.