Founded in 1947 by the Boy family, National Jets, is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services across three distinct divisions: FBO services, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft management/charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircraft and is operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Seeking a Flight Controller.
The Flight Controller provides flight crew with safe and timely flight information for all National Jets flight operations in compliance with FAR 135 and company guidelines. In addition, the Flight Controller provides technical data to support our internal charter sales staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide pilot briefing prior to the flight on delays, runway construction, curfews, weather and aircraft limitations/restrictions.
- Monitor departure of the flight from the place or origin and arrival at the place of destination.
- Monitor maintenance and mechanical delays encountered at places of origin and destination and intermediate stops.
- Monitor any known condition that may affect the safety of flight.
- Prepare and manage irregular operations.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of the FAR’s and company procedures.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- International experience preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to interact, communicate and maintain relationships with diverse internal and external customers.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Passion for providing an outstanding customer service experience.
- Excellent leadership, decision making, judgment, communication, interpersonal, delegation and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to support the 24/7 operation.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple assignments under stress.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical knowledge of aircraft performance, navigation, weather, and Federal Air Regulations.
- Customer focus- can communicate effectively with customers and employees in person and on phone.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.