Line Services Technician
Founded in 1947 by the Boy family, National Jets is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services across three distinct divisions: FBO services, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft management/charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircraft and is operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
National Jets is seeking a Line Service Technician to join our team in the Fort Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
The Line Service Technician is responsible for ensuring that all aircrafts are safe and ready for flying. They perform routine checks and make certain all aircrafts are fueled properly. A line technician is responsible for guiding, towing, parking, greeting and organizing an aircraft that's arriving or departing from the National Jets ramp. Line Technicians interact with Air Center staff members, security officers and patrons to make sure everything is safe and that all customer service needs are met. Line Technicians often handle luggage, provide transportation between gates or terminals, give patrons directions, interact with lobby attendants, converse with pilots and greet passengers who are entering or exiting terminals. Line technicians must have a kind and friendly disposition that makes patrons feel welcome, safe and comfortable with the airport facilities, staff and aircraft.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet, park, tow, move and marshal aircraft arriving or departing ramp area.
- Provide ground power, potable water, and lavatory services to aircraft.
- Operate mobile refueling vehicles, and deliver fuel to aircraft.
- Assist de-ice aircraft due to inclement weather.
- Direct pilots using appropriate aviation hand signals.
- Carry out detail-oriented responsibilities such as ensuring fuel trucks are stocked and prepared to distribute fuel, checking the plane’s oil level, performing quality control checks to make sure fueling is handled safely and efficiently and reporting any visible damage to aircraft.
- Assist passengers and crew with luggage (must be able to lift up to 50lbs).
- Make sure terminals are litter free, clean, safe, and organized.
- Help maintain walkways and steps so passengers have a safe route to and from aircraft.
- Handle catering, dishes, and linens for arriving and departing aircraft.
- Use written, verbal, and radio communication to send and receive information.
- Communicate effectively with customers, pilots and team members within the customer service departments.
- Additional responsibilities may include providing shuttle service for passengers/crew as required and assisting with customer service duties.
- Ensure that hangar, tarmac and client areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Ensure safety, FAA and TSA rules and regulations are followed.
- Must be able to cross-train with front desk to assist with coverage when needed.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as well as background check.
- Successfully complete all supervisor training program levels (National Jets and NATA Safety 1st).
- Passion for providing an outstanding customer service experience.
- Be comfortable working outside during day or evening shifts in all weather conditions. Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including mornings, nights and weekends.
- Able to communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products and point of sale programs.
- Basic mathematical knowledge.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by company insurance policy (requires clean driving record).
- Excellent decision making, judgment, communication, interpersonal, delegation and teamwork skills.
- Ability to perform manual tasks, follow oral and written directions, multitask in a safe and efficient manner.
- Adhere to all company guidelines for safety, security and customer-first culture.
- Good problem solving abilities and adaptability to various working environments.
- Previous customer service experience of at least one year.
- Experience in the aviation industry and aircraft handling. Knowledge of aviation terminology, general aviation aircraft and ramp management.
- Advanced coursework and/or training related to aviation.
- Candidate who is naturally outgoing/extroverted, has strong customer focus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have and uphold a valid driver’s license without restrictions (21 or older) and meet company insurability requirements. Clean driving record for the past three (3) years.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. This position includes shift work which may require working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays.
Current available shifts vary from:
- 2 to 10 p.m.
- 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Must be able to report to work steadily through the workday. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.