Founded in 1947 by the Boy family, National Jets is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services across three distinct divisions: FBO services, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft management/charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircraft and is operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
National Jets is seeking a Parts Runner/Driver to join our team in the Fort Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a company vehicle to obtain and deliver aircraft maintenance parts and materials.
- Procure parts and supplies from various local vendors in a timely and safe manner.
- Proper use, storage, and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Process and file shipment parts requests and receive inventory items to help facilitate accurate document and parts control.
- Receive incoming deliveries and process them accordingly to help facilitate accurate document and parts control.
- Assist Parts and Purchasing department as needed.
- Provide transport to guests as needed fully obeying all traffic laws.
- Greet and host guests aboard our company vehicles.
- Help passengers with luggage and answer passenger questions.
- Clean and sanitize vehicles between trips.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in driving a vehicle to various locations to pick up and deliver materials.
- Supplies and basic stock room principles of organization and inventory.
The position requires the ability to work 40 plus hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- Clean driving record (no accidents, speeding, moving violations, seat belt tickets, insurance lapses, etc).
- Be able to pass driving evaluation and pre-employment drug test.
- Genuine interest in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Friendliness, enthusiasm, reliability, with a positive “team player” attitude.
- Be flexible and receptive to change.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize resources and projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.