First Officer Learjet 45
National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy family is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services, maintenance, aircraft management and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
We are seeking an LR-45 First Officer within South Florida, or willing to relocate for the full-time position.
As a Part 135 pilot, you will provide outstanding service to charter customers. The aircraft is typically operated by two pilots; one will be the captain who is the pilot in command, while the other will be the supporting first officer. The first officer is second-in-command of the aircraft to the captain. In the event of the incapacitation of the captain, the first officer will assume command of the aircraft. Has overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft and the safety of crew and passengers.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain responsibility for compliance with all Federal Aviation Regulations, Company regulations, Scheduling Policy, etc., applicable to their duties.
- Maintain responsibility of aiding the Captain in the safe and efficient conduct of the flight, from flight pre-planning through termination duties.
- Constantly strive towards becoming proficient in the duties and exercise of judgment as required of a First Officer.
- Maintain responsibility for his own flight time limitations, and for maintaining his qualifications with reference to aircraft and physical requirements. He shall be responsible for notifying the Company of changes in his qualifications.
- Must be highly knowledgeable of the Operations Manual, FAA Regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, and all pertinent information relating to his duties.
- Be comfortable working outside during day or evening shifts in all weather conditions. Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including mornings, nights and weekends
- When you are notified of a flight, you will be expected to be at the departure point one hour prior to take-off. This should give you ample time to ready the aircraft.
- Obtain weather information necessary for completing your weight and balance forms. Complete pretake-off requirements.
Required Education and Experience
- Type Rating in a Learjet 45 preferred
- No accidents, incidents, violations or DUI/DWI
- Minimum of 1500 hours total
- Minimum 500 hours PIC
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to complete training program, demonstrating proficiency with job requirements.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to bend and/or squat repeatedly.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must reside in close proximity (within two hours) of Ft. Lauderdale International Airport or be willing to relocate.
Preferred Education and Experience
- ATP preferred
- College degree is preferred
- Preferred Corporate experience in Part 135 or Part 91
- International experience preferred, but not required
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Commercial Pilot License
- Current Class 2 Medical certificate
- U.S. Passport
- Driver’s License
Reports to: Chief Pilot
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. General schedule is 10 on and 5 off. Position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises. This position includes shift work which may require working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays. The length of a working day varies depending on route. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance: In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
In addition to filling out the online application, you may fax or e-mail your resume:
Fax: (954) 359-9500
No phone calls or drop ins please.