The Flight Controller provides flight crew with safe and timely flight information for all National Jets flight operations in compliance with FAR 135 and company guidelines. In addition, the Flight Controller provides technical data to support our internal charter sales staff.
National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services, jet maintenance, and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team.
National Jets is seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide pilot briefing prior to the flight on delays, runway construction, curfews, weather and aircraft limitations/restrictions.
- Monitor departure of the flight from the place or origin and arrival at the place of destination.
- Monitor maintenance and mechanical delays encountered at places of origin and destination and intermediate stops.
- Monitor any known condition that may affect the safety of flight.
- Prepare and manage irregular operations.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of the FAR’s and company procedures.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma required.
- Strong technical knowledge of aircraft performance, navigation, weather, and Federal Air Regulations.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to support the 24/7 operation.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple assignments under stress.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate well with customers and employees in person and on phone.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Passion for providing an outstanding customer service experience.
- Excellent leadership, decision making, judgment, communication, interpersonal, delegation and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to interact, communicate and maintain relationships with diverse internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Two years Dispatch experience
- International experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate preferred but not required.
Supervisor of Flight Control/ Manager of Flight Control
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to contaminants such as dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Environmental conditions in clued cramped work space, awkward positions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises and also may require overnight on-call duty in extenuating circumstances.
Must be able to report to work steadily through the workday. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Travel: Negligible. Must be willing to travel in rare circumstances.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance:
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.