National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services, jet maintenance, and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team. National Jets is seeking an experienced GSE Mechanic to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on all airport ground support equipment, vehicles, and other related equipment. The role of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic is responsible for the safe and efficient repairing and rebuilding of all GSE, vehicles, and other related equipment. Also, the role of the GSE Mechanic is to ensure all Daily, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, and Annual inspections are completed and documented as required by ATA 103 and NFPA 407.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing daily and preventative maintenance and repairs on all airport ground support equipment, vehicles, and other related equipment.
- Responsible for developing a preventative maintenance program, document and maintain all associated records.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, and modifying all GSE as required.
- Responsible for ensuring National Jets’ Fuel Farm remains operational and in compliance with all Local, State, and Federal compliance regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring all GSE and facilities are operated, maintained, and inspected in accordance with ATA 103 and NFPA 407 guidelines.
- Responsible for completing and documenting all work performed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring all paperwork is completed correctly, accurately and readily available for review.
- Responsible for operating and testing GSE for performance assessments.
- Responsible for procuring replacement parts with proper documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring all reconciliation reports are processed and correct.
- Responsible for keeping an accurate inventory of all GSE equipment, supplies, and all other related items.
- Responsible for working closely with other departments to know and understand all procedures and how they affect one another.
- Responsible for assisting with minor facility maintenance as required.
- Responsible for assisting Line Service, under the direction of National Jets’ General Manager, Operations Manager, or Lead Line Service Technician.
- Responsible for ensuring all computers, printers, and network devices are working to their fullest capacity. Report all issues to National Jets’ IT contractor, Maxis360.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three year’s experience in the automobile, diesel, or aviation industries.
- Must have own tools and be able to operate various power and hand tools safely.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business data and technical procedures, and aviation industry terminology.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and emails.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, employees, and the general public.
- Computer literacy, along with the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language proficiently is a must.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Customer service background preferred.
- Management and client conflict resolution training a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- ASE Certification is preferred, but not required.
- Active and valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for the past three (3) years.
Reports to: General Manager Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises. This position includes shift work which may require working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays. Travel: Rarely. Must be willing to travel in rare circumstances. Work Authorisation/ Security Clearance: In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire. EEO Statement Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law. Salary:
- $20.00 per hour and up based on experience & qualifications.