Are you in customer service and ready to join an amazing team in an amazing industry? National Jets is hiring the next best Guest Services Manager to lead our team of Guest Service Representatives and if you like a fast paced, fun environment in the private aviation world, you need to check out this position. We're looking for a dedicated customer service representative that understands what first class service means, and can be the first point of contact for our clients. You will be managing employees and ensuring all of our clients’ needs are met.
National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services, jet maintenance, and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team.
National Jets is seeking a Guest Services Manager to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
The most important role of the Guest Services Manager (GSM) at National Jets Air Center is to ensure all Guest Services Representatives (GSRs) represent the company as the first impression most guests will have of National Jets Air Center. The position requires an outgoing personality & winning attitude, ability to manage multiple tasks and people, with preferred experience in hospitality or private aviation. This position requires an outgoing, motivated, and experienced individual that can motivate staff to use best practices when it comes to addressing guests as well as develop future policies, and training to further the knowledge of the GSR staff as it relates to guest relations. Coordination with the other GSRs and the line staff is critical. This individual has the overall responsibility of ensuring excellent customer service for all internal and external customers is delivered by using in-depth knowledge of company services. Displays exceptional guest service through professional, attentive, courteous, and efficient service skills to exceed guest expectations.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with company policies and procedures related to customer service standards, ramp operations, safety and security procedures 100% of the time.
- Overall Responsibility for training new and current Guest Services Representatives and Air Concierges.
- Overall Responsibility for identifying crewmembers, passengers, visitors, and vendors in accordance with the Company’s security procedures.
- Overall Responsibility for resolving customer requests, questions, and concerns regarding the Company’s services and products.
- Overall Responsibility for transporting crew or guests by vehicle to and from the airport terminal and local hotels as needed or arrange ground transportation for crew or guests.
- Overall Responsibility for ensuring fuel orders, catering, lodging, ground transportation, and all other ground handling service requests are recorded and process correctly.
- Overall Responsibility for receiving, inspecting, and confirming the accuracy of all catering orders upon delivery. Ensure catering is properly invoiced to the customer.
- Overall Responsibility for assisting crew or passengers with directions or recommendations for food, lodging, entertainment, etc. in surrounding areas.
- Overall Responsibility for answering incoming telephones calls in a professional manner, determine the purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Overall Responsibility for answering, transferring, and handling multiple phone lines at once.
- Overall Responsibility for announcing visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Overall Responsibility for assisting Line Service Technicians as needed.
- Overall Responsibility for ensuring proper and timely distribution of mail and packages to and from all offices and departments
- Overall Responsibility for retrieving messages from voice mail and forward to appropriate personnel
- Overall Responsibility for monitoring and operating the ARINC radio.
- Overall Responsibility for alerting FBO Tenants of their arriving customers.
- Overall Responsibility for assisting with customer’s luggage as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Overall Responsibility for assisting all charter and private flight passengers within the FBO.
- Overall Responsibility for promoting and informing guests of all National Jets’ partnerships and fuel programs, for example, CAA, Paragon, MIASF, Go Rentals, Shell Contract Fuel, Shell co-branded MultiService card, and Shell AeroClass reward points program.
- Overall Responsibility for escorting un-badged guests as needed.
- Overall Responsibility/Accountable for the daily shift operations of the Guest Services counter.
- Overall Responsibility for the accounting, management, and reconciliation of petty cash.
- Overall Responsibility for and collaboration with executive charter & invoicing.
- Overall Responsibility for ensuring all daily paperwork is completed correctly and accurately.
- Overall Responsibility for researching and communicating any issues with open invoices.
- Ensuring daily ramp sheet is complete and entered into TFBO & X1.
- Overall Responsibility for ensuring all reconciliation reports are processed and correct.
- Overall Responsibility for ensuring all close-out procedures are complete and accurate.
- Overall Responsibility for ensuring all Front Counter & Air Center supplies are stocked.
- Overall Responsibility for keeping an accurate inventory of all items sold within the Air Center.
- Overall Responsibility for working closely with other departments to know and understand all procedures and how they affect one another.
- Overall responsibility to monitor and measure customer satisfaction utilizing post-visit surveys, either in person, mail, email, or telephonically.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as well as background check
- Passion for providing an outstanding customer service experience
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including mornings, nights and weekends
- Able to communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products and point of sale programs
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Company insurance policy (Requires clean driving record)
- Excellent decision making, judgment, communication, interpersonal, delegation and teamwork skills
- Ability to perform manual tasks, follow oral and written directions, multitask in a safe and efficient manner
- Adhere to all company guidelines for safety, security and customer-first culture
- Good problem solving abilities and adaptability to various working environments.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaborative Skills/ Teamwork
- Clerical Skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- College degree in hospitality, aviation, business administration or similar field of study.
- Two year’s experience in the aviation services, concierge, and/or hospitality industries.
- Management and client conflict resolution experience.
- Candidate who is naturally outgoing/extroverted, has strong customer focus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have and uphold a valid driver’s license without restrictions (21 or older) and meet company insurability requirements. Clean driving record for the past three (3) years.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt, full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Sunday through Saturday in 8 hour shifts. However, the position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises. Must be able to report to work steadily through the workday. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Rarely. Possibility of travel limited to representation at industry trade shows or functions, either local or out of state.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.