Guest Services Representative
National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services, jet maintenance, and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team.
National Jets is seeking a Guest Service Representative to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
The role of Guest Services Representative is to be the first impression that guests have of National Jets Air Center. The position requires an outgoing personality and one that demonstrates the characteristics necessary to be the “face of National Jets Air Center”. This individual’s ability to greet customers as they walk into the Air Center doors in a way that helps them to feel “at home” while visiting National Jets, is critical to the success of the position. This is a position that requires a sociable, driven, experienced greeter that is motivated by being able to provide the highest level of service to guests. Coordination with the other GSRs and the line staff is critical. This individual is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent in-depth knowledge of company services. Displays exceptional guest service through professional, attentive, courteous, and efficient service skills to exceed guest expectations.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome all visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
- Announce all guests by name to the Line and Guest Service Staff. Alert dispatch of arriving/departing National Jets aircrafts and confirm if any messages need to be relayed.
- Comply with company policies and procedures related to customer service standards, ramp, safety and security procedures.
- Identify crewmembers, passengers, visitors and vendors in accordance with the Company’s security procedures.
- Resolve customer requests, questions and concerns regarding the Company’s services and products.
- Assist with taking fuel orders, catering and ground transportation requests as needed. Receive and confirm accuracy of catering once delivered & invoiced.
- Assist crew or passengers with directions or recommendations for food, lodging, entertainment, etc in surrounding areas.
- Ensure all departing aircrafts have all requested amenities such as catering, coffee, ice and newspaper.
- Transport customers by vehicle to and from airport terminal and local hotels as needed.
- Answer incoming telephones calls, determine purpose of callers, and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department. Page, transfer, & handle multiple phone lines at once. Retrieve messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Alert FBO Tenants of all of their arriving customers.
- Assist Line Service Technicians and Guest Service Representatives as needed.
- Ensure proper and timely distribution of mail and packages to and from all offices and departments. Sign for and correctly label customer deliveries, noting information within CRM.
- Understand how to properly operate and monitor ARINC frequency
Assist with luggage from customers when line service is short.
- Invoice for retail items sold within the FBO.
- Understand all National Jets fuel programs for billing.
- Process invoices for Air Ambulance and Executive Charter when necessary.
- Work closely with maintenance on accurate shop orders and invoicing.
- Log crew car use.
- Assign temporary badges for non-FLL individuals.
- Maintain surveillance of gate 250 and report any suspicious behavior.
- Enter new customer profiles into TFBO.
- Using POS for Government Air card.
- Follow open/closing procedures for each shift.
- Promote/Inform guests of National Jets partnerships and fuel programs-i.e. CAA, Paragon, MIASF, GoRentals, Wing Points.
- Escort un-badged guests when line service is short.
- Answer gate intercom for cars to enter gate.
- Smile and be awesome.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year Customer service background
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as well as background check
- Passion for providing an outstanding customer service experience
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including mornings, nights and weekends
- Able to communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products and point of sale programs
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Company insurance policy (Requires clean driving record)
- Excellent decision making, judgment, communication, interpersonal, delegation and teamwork skills
- Ability to perform manual tasks, follow oral and written directions, multitask in a safe and efficient manner
- Adhere to all company guidelines for safety, security and customer-first culture
- Good problem solving abilities and adaptability to various working environments.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaborative Skills/ Teamwork
- Clerical Skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- College degree in hospitality, aviation, business administration or similar field of study.
- Two year’s experience in the aviation services, concierge, and/or hospitality industries.
- Management and client conflict resolution training.
- Candidate who is naturally outgoing/extroverted, has strong customer focus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have and uphold a valid driver’s license without restrictions (21 or older) and meet company insurability requirements. Clean driving record for the past three (3) years.
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Sunday through Saturday in 8 hour shifts. However, the position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises. Must be able to report to work steadily through the workday. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Travel: Rarely. Possibility of travel limited to representation at industry trade shows or functions, either local or out of state.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance: In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.