National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services and jet maintenance, executive charter and air ambulance . Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team.
National Jets is seeking an A & P Leadman Technician to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organisation.
Responsible for all phases of aircraft maintenance and/or repair for which the Repair Station is rated, except for required inspection items and maintenance releases. Additionally on aircraft maintenance task for which the Repair Station is not rated for and returned to service by A&P.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Know all of the procedures for the Repair Station, the use of the forms, tags and completing the required paperwork as outlined in NJI's Repair Station Manual (RSM) & Quality Control Manual (QCM).
- Inspect aircraft for proper workmanship and airworthiness before, during and after work is performed by technicians under your direction.
- Proper identification or tagging of all aircraft components when removed from an aircraft undergoing work. Component /Unit securing hardware is either secure to part or aircraft as required.
- Tracking work order progress on jobs and tasks given to you.
- Supervising work assignments within the department so to minimize delays and increase efficiency.
- Correspond with Technical Representatives or instruct your Techs to contact Technical Representatives for problem solving.
- Protecting aircraft interiors and parts while performing inspections/maintenance
- Control mechanics man-hours and productivity.
- Approve all Parts Requisitions Forms for the aircraft your responsible for only. Plan shipping method for all parts needed to complete your aircraft (part shipping cost control). Track all parts out for repair for your aircraft. Receive all parts for your projects from the Parts Department and give out to the technicians under your direction.
- Make sure all technicians under your direction sign off work perform or progressive sign offs at stopping points or completed; DAILY.
- Protecting aircraft interiors and exteriors prior to work commencement and daily upkeep. To protect aircraft from finger print on entryway, stairs, flooring, interiors components and high traffic areas on exterior paint.
- Have plans for next day job duties for technician under your directions to minimize the starting delays each day.
- Responsible to instruction and verify work areas have been clean up at end of day to include tooling return to stock room. Hoses and electrical co
- Aircraft Engine Run and Taxi Run Approval for most aircraft you are in charge of. Arrange Pilots or other with Engine Run and Taxi for aircraft you're not approved to operate.
- Keep your supervisor's current and up to date with project under your control.
- Making sure the Inspection Department personnel are current and up to date with your projects, whether work in progress or completed tasks.
- Responsible to complete aircraft by the due date as mandated by work scope.
- Assist other Departments, Leadmen, or Technicians as requires or directed. Fill in for other Leadmen when and as required.
- Stop all unsafe action when witnessed.
- Give training to technician under your direction to aid in their growth. Document this training as required.
- Troubleshoot aircraft under your direction.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations
- Communication Proficiency, both written and oral.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management
- Collaborative Skills/ Teamwork
- Mechanical Skills- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Systems Skills for computer hardware & software including applications
- Knowledgeable in OSHA regulations
Preferred Education and Experience
- Gulfstream 100,150, 4 & 5 , Learjet 45 & 604, Citation Excel & CJ's, To Include Other Type Corporate Jet Aircraft Maintenance or Avionics Experience.
- Associate Degree or higher degree in aviation or similar field of study.
- Five years experience in line maintenance with supervisory responsibilities.
- Technical vocational training in electronics also applicable.
- General and corporate aviation experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
Reports to: Maintenance / Avionics Manager / Director of Maintenance
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to contaminants such as dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Environmental conditions in clued cramped work space, awkward positions.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance:
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.