Learjet 45 Captain
National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy family is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services, maintenance, aircraft management and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
National Jets is seeking an LR-45 Captain within South Florida, or willing to relocate for the full-time position.
As a Part 135 pilot, you will provide outstanding service to charter customers. The aircraft is typically operated by two pilots; one will be the captain who is the pilot in command, while the other will be the supporting first officer. The captain has overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft and the safety of crew and passengers.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
CAPTAIN (Pilot in Command) (Ref. FAR 135.95)
- During flight time, in full command of the aircraft and crew, and is responsible for the efficient conduct of the flight. He is responsible for the safety of the aircraft and crew, passengers, and cargo.
- When en route, is responsible for the proper servicing of the aircraft, but actual refueling is done by a responsible person or agency, and the Captain may delegate a certificated airman to ascertain that servicing is properly performed.
- Maintain responsibility for all flight records kept in the cockpit, but may delegate the responsibility to a qualified person.
- Maintain responsibility for preparation of reports on irregularities or incidents with regard to aircraft damage, flight irregularity, etc.
- Maintain responsibility for the conduct and for the proper performance of duties of other crew members.
- Maintain responsibility for his flight time limitations. He shall also be responsible for maintaining his qualifications with reference to route and airports, aircraft, and his physical requirements, and shall be responsible for notifying the Company of changes in such qualifications.
Required Education and Experience
- No accidents, incidents, violations or DUI/DWI
- ATP Written
- Minimum 3000 hours, 1000 hours PIC, minimum 500 hours Jet
- International experience preferred
- Applicant must meet Wyvern/Argus safety standards
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be highly knowledgeable of the General Operations manual, FAA Regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Policies and Procedures, and other pertinent information relating to this duty.
- Must be able to complete training program, demonstrating proficiency with job requirements.
- Must complete recurrent training in order to maintain license required for the job.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to bend and/or squat repeatedly.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must reside in close proximity (within two hours) of Ft. Lauderdale International Airport or be willing to relocate.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Type Rating in a Learjet 45 preferred with minimum of 250 hours PIC in type
- Preferred Corporate experience in Part 135 or Part 91
- College degree is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Airline Transport Pilot License
- Current First Class Medical certificate
- U.S. Passport
- Driver's License
Reports to: Chief Pilot
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. General schedule is 10 on and 5 off. Position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises. This position includes shift work which may require working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays. The length of a working day varies depending on route.
Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
In addition to filling out the online application, you may fax or e-mail your resume:
Fax: (954) 359-9500
No phone calls or drop ins please.