Responsible for direction, planning, and laying out details of maintenance standards, methods and procedures on all phases of aircraft inspections, maintenance, repairs and/or alterations performed by the Repair Station, complying with FAA Regulations and Manufacturers’ recommendations. The oversight of all Maintenance personnel on a daily basis.
Customer Service Representative for Repairs Station Customers. Hiring and staffing as needed for maintenance department.
National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services, jet maintenance, and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team.
National Jets is seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer Service Representative for Repair Station Maintenance Customers.
- Oversee and direct every day operations of maintenance personnel for CRS.
- Invoicing review and oversight for CRS Customer Aircraft Work Orders.
- Daily work load assignment to leadmen and technicians.
- Maintenance shop work order daily review for accuracy and updates completed by maintenance personnel.
- After hours NJI Fleet Aircraft mechanical support and oversight at home base or abroad.
Hiring and staffing of maintenance personnel.
- Perform evaluations of the maintenance staff under your direction.
- Supplement the inspection of aircraft for proper workmanship and airworthiness before, during and after work is performed by all technicians under your direction to assure the highest level of service.
- Assist with mechanical issues and troubleshooting on the maintenance floor as they arise.
- Oversight and direction of the maintenance shop equipment’s routine maintenance.
- Daily maintenance of the CRS’s shop area in a clean, neat, and organized condition.
- Be point of contact for the Repair Station with the FAA when DOM is not available or as requested.
- Assist with initial Indoctrination training of new hires as requested.
- May be required to assist with required annual training of repair station maintenance personnel in all courses described in the NJI Training Manual. Keep up to date with latest industry training standards through portals such as the FAA, AEA, and others to evaluate and revise current training syllabi held by the Repair Station.
- Ensure proper sign-offs at the end of each task performed and also on turn over logs at the end of the day on all Repair Station work orders.
- Safety is paramount! Keeping a watchful eye of the maintenance department for safety infraction and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Know all of the procedures for the Repair Station: the use of the forms, tags and completing the required paperwork as outlined in NJI’s Repair Station Manual (RSM) & Quality Control Manual (QCM).
- Responsible for knowing Advisory Circular 21-29, ensuring that only approved parts and materials are received and utilized within the Repair Station work order system
- Engine run and taxi for most aircraft within the NJI Fleet.
- Overtime will be required for this position!
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of ten years in aviation maintenance experience
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations
- Communication Proficiency, both written and oral.
- Previous experience with managing employees
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Ability to learn PC applications
- Must be able to adapt to changes under pressure situations and maintain composure in high volume stress situations
- Must be able to handle multiple mission-critical projects concurrently and effectively
- Must work with minimal supervision
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management
- Collaborative Skills/ Teamwork
- Mechanical Skills- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Systems Skills for computer hardware & software including applications
- Knowledgeable in OSHA regulations
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate Degree or higher degree in aviation, business administration or similar field of study.
- Fifteen years experience in aviation maintenance experience.
- Medium to large corporate jet experience a plus (Gulfstream, Challengers)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
- FCC license is optional.
- Must be appropriately certified in accordance with 14 CFR Part 65 applicable Paragraph; under Subpart D; Mechanics.
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to contaminants such as dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Environmental conditions in clued cramped work space, awkward positions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises and also may require overnight on-call duty in extenuating circumstances.
Must be able to report to work steadily through the workday. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Travel: Negligible. Must be willing to travel in rare circumstances.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance:
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.