Manager of Flight Control
National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services, jet maintenance, and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team.
National Jets is seeking a Manager of Flight Control to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organisation.
To be successful in the Operations Manager role requires a meticulous level of attention to detail, exemplary interaction with and in support of the System Operations Control (SOC), excellent written and verbal communications, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of professionalism, dedication, and passion. This role is operationally essential and we are looking for the right team player, capable of adapting to an ever-growing company, with a scope of work that varies from day-to-day.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports to the Director of Operations and works closely with the Chief Pilot, and Director of Maintenance.
- Responsible for oversight of all operations in the Systems Operational Control (SOC) department; including but not limited to, the planning, organizing, directing, training, controlling and staffing of all Company flight operations.
- Responsible for overall flight control and keeps all interested persons informed of potential operations, planned operations, and operations in progress.
- He/she supervises personnel involved within the SOC and function of flight control with emphasis on mission objectives.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate training, procedures, routines, and equipment to ensure efficient compliance with applicable 14 CFR regulations, Operations Specifications, National Jets, Inc. Manuals, Company policy and directives.
- Exercises Operational Control as Defined in the company Operations Manual and LOCA Manual.
- Responsible for departmental auditing, flight and duty time records, and other company forms and required documents.
- Works closely with Maintenance Control, Route Planning, Dispatch, and Crew Scheduling to ensure communication from department to department within SOC is effective.
Required Education and Experience
- Previous Part 135 Flight Control experience
- Experience with permitting and handling flights in the Caribbean, Latin America and South American and Europe
- Superior communication skills
- Previous experience with managing employees
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organisational skills
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Ability to learn PC applications
- Must be able to adapt to changes under pressure situations and maintain composure in high volume stress situations
- Must be able to handle multiple mission-critical projects concurrently and effectively
- Must work with minimal supervision
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent relevant experience (3-4 years)
- Advanced coursework and/or training related to Aviation Management
- Previous experience with either a large Part 135 flight operation or handling company and international experience
- Previous aviation operations experience and knowledge of airline and aviation terminology
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Dispatchers License with Worldwide Experience preferred
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises and also may require overnight on-call duty in extenuating circumstances.
Must be able to report to work steadily through the workday. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Travel: Negligible. Must be willing to travel in rare circumstances.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.