Supply Chain Manager
National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy family is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services, maintenance, aircraft management and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization. National Jets is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our team in the Ft Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
The Supply Chain Manager supervises the day to day operations of the Supply Chain Department The Supply Chain Manager identifies the department issue(s) by providing a high quality customer service experience to enhance the quality of support delivered by the Maintenance Organization. The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for assisting and mentoring Supply Chain Specialists with their questions about any maintenance and/or materials issues to the best of his/her ability, in a professional and courteous manner to ensure prompt procurement and delivery of materials, supplies and parts as required.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Addresses incoming inquiries regarding service related items concerning materials and assign the appropriate personnel based on inquiry to resolve operational issues and services.
- Documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner and tasks are set to the appropriate priority levels.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, practices and procedures and potential impact on the business.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors, etc. to provide technical assistance and support in the procurement, shipping and delivery of material, supplies and parts
- Reviews customer alerts, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives (W/ Quality Assurance) and follows up with maintenance to inquire if action is needed
- Review and Complete Work Orders within 48 hours of completion of maintenance to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers
- Scheduling, assigning and allocation of purchase orders to appropriate contractors/vendors
- Daily monitoring of Materials resources
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as well as background check
- Previous experience as a Supply Chain Manager or Representative
- Previous aviation industry experience preferred
- Passion for providing an outstanding customer service experience
- Able to communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products and various software applications
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Additional certifications required by management
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Company insurance policy (Requires clean driving record)
- Excellent decision making, judgment, communication, interpersonal, delegation and teamwork skills
- Ability to perform manual tasks, follow oral and written directions, multitask in a safe and efficient manner
- Adhere to all company guidelines for safety, security and customer-first culture
- Good problem solving abilities and adaptability to various working environments.
- Previous customer service experience of at least one year
- Experience in the aviation industry and aircraft handling. Knowledge of aviation terminology, general aviation aircraft and ramp management
- Advanced coursework and/or training related to Aviation
- Candidate who is naturally outgoing/extroverted, has strong customer focus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have and uphold a valid driver’s license without restrictions (21 or older) and meet company insurability requirements. Clean driving record for the past three (3) years.
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt, salary position. Must be able to report to work steadily through the workday. Must be able to maintain an attendance record in compliance with the company policies and procedures.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.